There is no doubt that BlueStacks is the best emulator for running application of Android on your Computer. The thing that distinguish BlueStacks from other player is its free to use. We have already provided you the article on Running Android apps on Your Windows PC. However, with the increase popularity, there are some major problems associated with BlueStacks.
One of the main problem that almost every other person is facing or complaining is about getting error in uninstalling and re-installing the BlueStacks itself. We have got hell lots of mails and messages regarding the same issue and not to mention, i personally have faced this issue.
So, what’s the real problem and how to solve it?
How To Uninstall BlueStacks Completely from Your PC?
As the BlueStacks has update its version, everyone is upgrading it. But when uninstalling the old one and installing the new one, many faced issue “a later version of BlueStacks is already installed. Setup will now exit.” I also faced this issue when uninstalling notification center.
But no Worries! Here is the simple solution to remove the BlueStacks completely from your PC. When we uninstall the application, there are some left overs which still resides in the system. We just need to remove that.
For that you need to follow these steps:
- Remove/Uninstall the application from the Control Panel. Also remove it from the notification center. It can be removed from the notification center by choosing to “Hide Icon Option”.
- Now go to Services by opening Task Manager or by hitting Windows Key + R and type “msconfig”. Locate the Services Tab and find the one associated with BlueStacks. Stop and Delete them. (You can do this by Process Hacker).
- Now check it the following data’s have been removed:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\BlueStacks or C:\Program Files\BlueStacks
- After making sure that all the above folders or data’s have been deleted, it’s time to clear up the registry. You can do it manually by locating the BlueStacks folder from registry setting. However, here is the another simple and easiest method for the same.
- Run the following (Right click and Save – then double click on it).
Following all above process will make sure to remove the Sticky BlueStack application completely from your system.
Note:- If you still face the same issue, kindly run ccleaner and remove all BlueStacks related files and reboot your system before re-installing it again.