Many of us don’t want that cluttered up Explorer navigation pane section in Windows 8. As the “Computer” section makes no sense with all the things available on right-side of the section. And if you want to clear up that, leaving minimalistic and simple look, here is the simple trick you can use to do that.
By enabling the navigation pane in Windows 8, it shows minimum 4 items,
How to do it?
1. This can be done by tweaking some registry settings. Press Windows key + R and type “regedit” to open registry editor.
2. Locate the folder
3. Now you need to create DWORD value “Attributes” in the right-side section. For this you need to get permission, right click on Shell folder and select permission.
4. A new window will pop up. Select Administrator and click on OK. (Allowing Full control and Read Permissions)
5. Right click on right-side section and create “Attributes” DWORD value and set its value to b094010c.
6. All things set! Now log off and restart your system and “Computer Section” will no longer present in Explorer Window.
This is the short and simple way to make your Explorer Navigation Pane simple with less number of items. However, if you want your Computer Section back in Navigation Pane, just delete “Attributes” DWORD created before.