Now a days USB flash drive is the most popular way to install an operating system and you can use them to install any type of OS in the computer. You can find lots of application and tools that can create bootable flash drive for you but not all can make the multiboot flash drive. Yes, no need to buy CD/DVD, as the same USB will do that job every time. Also, it might be not the best choice to reserve a USB flash drive for a single Windows OS installation as you have to format it again and again for different OS.
For example if your flash drive can install Windows 8.1 but you want to install Windows 7 then you have to format existing flash drive and then create Windows 7 bootable flash drive. This is not a practical way to do the things. So, let’s be on the productive side. The solution for the mentioned purpose is the tool called WinSetupFromUSB which prepares multiboot USB flash or fixed disk to install any Windows versions including 2000/XP, boot various Linux and *BSD flavors, as well as many Windows, Linux, DOS based and other utilities. It means you can use your single USB flash drive to install or run multiple operating system including Linux and Antivirus bootable disc.
You might also like: SystemRescueCd: Use to Recover Data from Unbootable System
The most important work that you can do with this tool is you can make the multiboot USB flash drive. For example you can burn Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 in a single flash drive. If you have a flash drive with good space like 16 GB then you can also make the OS bootable flash drive with a live antivirus scanner that can help you to scan any infected system or recover important data.
How WinSetupFromUSB Works?
First of all I would like to share that this is a portable application and you can use it instantly after downloading. You can also carry them in a USB flash drive to use them on any computer without installation. To start the multiboot USB flash drive preparation make sure you have a flash drive with good space like 8 GB or 16 GB. You can use 4GB also but it will not fit for multiboot like Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.
- Insert the USB flash drive in the USB port in system and click on the Refresh button on WinSetupFromUSB tool to find out just attached USB Flash Drive.
- In the second setup make sure you have inserted your XP CD in the CD Drive to make XP bootable USB Flash drive with Windows 7 or 8.
- Make sure you have an ISO image of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 in your computer.
- Check the box Windows 2000/XP/2003 Setup and locate the CD drive where you inserted the bootable disc of XP.
- To add Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 also check the box Windows VIsta/7/8/Server 2008/2013 based ISO and locate the related OS ISO file.
- In the similar way you can add multiple OS and finally click on the GO button.
Must Read: Try Linux Without Touching your Windows
Apart from Windows OS you can add different types of Linux OS like Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, CentOS and many others. You can download Linux OS in an ISO format and that ISO you can use to make the multiboot USB flash drive. If you are professional user then you can also add any rescue image as well to recover lost data from non-bootable system. I have listed most of the rescue Live Images ISO here!